Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Turning Thirty


Well last week was my thirtieth birthday. I did not really freak out or anything. Although, it seems better to handle spelled out! I just wanted to have a fun exciting day. I really desired a party. Which my husband refused. So my friends at work stepped up and gave me a wonderful surprise lunch party. The day started coming to work on a Monday morning walking around the corner of my office to find a grass skirt hanging in the door. Then a path of tropical flowers from the door to my desk. With a hanging metallic palm tree above the desk and other strings of stone faces and flowers hung from the ceiling. Behind me was a big Happy Birthday sign. To top it off a BRIGHT yellow straw hat, which I did sport all day! To trick me over to the potluck lunch was a poor little girl who locked herself out of her office and needed help taking some paper to an office across the street in a different building on campus. After unlocking her door and no one being there to jump out I was relieved and completely caught off guard once we reached the paper drop off to be yelled SURPRISE to by all my coworkers. All in all it was a great birthday. The Hawaiian decor stayed up all week.
That evening my husband got off work early and took the family out for ice cream.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! I'm glad you had a good birthday! And did you really wear the hat all day?!

My Three Sons said...

Yes i really did wear the hat all day!

Pepper mohawk

Pepper mohawk

pepper mohawk side view

pepper mohawk side view
No more baby haircuts